Keep up with our latest news, views and comments on the Snippets page!
"The future of Forms is only just beginning!"
Oliver assumed the role of Chief Executive in December 2012, following almost five years as Development Director. He has worked in the IT sector since 1981 in a variety of roles, first at Peregrine Systems of Irvine, California, then at Management Systems and Programming (aka Manager Software Products) in London, and at MSP Inc in Lexington, Massachusetts.
His involvement in Quintessence began in his role as investor, and he joined the Board following a major refinancing and company re-organisation in 2008.
Commercial / Financial
Dennis has had a career spanning 35 years in the Information Technology industry. From early beginnings covering the technical aspects - programming, analysis and database administration - he moved on to specialise in project management and consulting, much of it as an independent freelance or a senior associate of IT consulting firms. He has worked in most industry sectors along the way, both government and private, including retail finance, health and telecommunications.
During his career, Dennis has had primary responsibility, as Project Director or program Manager, for several multi-million pound/dollar projects in the UK, Australia and the USA. Other career highlights include:
- Co-founder and Joint MD of a very successful Systems Integration & IT Consultancy employing over sixty staff in Perth, Western Australia.
- Business Development Director of a £2 million revenue per annum UK-based IT Consultancy, the role including bid management / sales proposals, account management for new clients and resource management for the contractors placed there.
Dennis was an early investor in Quintessence soon after its foundation in 1998, taking on an executive role in 2008 when he was appointed to the Board as part of the company's re-organisation.
Chief Technology Officer.
Jamie joined us in October 2012 to drive forward the final steps to completion of the YoServer suite of products. Previous experience includes:
- significant contributions to thread synchronization in the Linux kernel;
- developing test and measurement equipment for the networking, protocols, drivers and hardware at CERN's ATLAS detector (of Higgs boson fame), including the real-time testing of network switches;
- developing data / video distribution systems with national-scale real-time control and monitoring.
- the conceptual and detailed design of distributed database management protocols;
- creation of a web-based SSL client written in Java.