Keep up with our latest news, views and comments on the Snippets page!
"The future of Forms is only just beginning!"
Smart, fast, intuitive
Create, debug and maintain Forms / Reports applications in your browser
It also includes features not present in Oracle's Developer Suite such as:
- 'hot-editing' of forms via an interface modelled on Forms Builder - allowing immediate viewing / testing of edits / changes;
- 'live log window' recording all SQL statements issued to the database, error messages returned, execution of triggers, etc.
- allows emergency tweaks to application from mobiles / cellphones / other hand-held devices;
- a hugely enhanced line-by-line Yo/SQL debugger, with detailed error reporting;
- intelligent form design.
Projected future dates in italics.
- Q4 2013 - release beta version of YoDeveloper to our development partners.
- September 2013 - live demo version of YoDeveloper available on website.
- June 2013 - Created live logging facility to record SQL queries, database errors, trigger execution, YoSQL errors, etc. Created "XML view" showing complete state of running form.
- September 2012 - extended 'tree view' to include PL/SQL code, and to allow step by step view of code execution and variable values in the Yo/SQL runtime / compiler.
- January 2012 - completed the 'tree view' facility which allows a developer to view and edit the data underlying a live YoForms session, using an interface modelled on Forms Builder - with the result instantly reflected in the session whether in another browser window, or on the far side of the world. This YoDeveloper feature will be supplied with YoForms pending YoDeveloper completion.
- September 2011 - completed an 'alpha' version of YoDeveloper, already in use in-house to assist the rapid, reliable development of YoForms and YoReports.
Become our Partner!
We are looking for Partners with Forms / Reports applications who are willing to participate in our beta testing and development program. Partners will:
- guide us as to the most important features to implement in Release 1.0 of the product;
- receive free / discounted licenses to run our YoServer products (depending on the depth of involvement in the program).
Oracle developer tools - background
The developer tools for Forms were pretty hot when they came out back in the mid-1980s. Users could quickly build powerful, complex applications - applications which are still running many thousands of major enterprises and their key business processes today.
Now over 20 years have gone by - and the core technologies that underlie Developer Suite (Forms) and Forms Builder have barely changed. That's mainly because the tools were written in C++ - making the software near-impossible to maintain or extend.
Oracle's main response has been to enable plugins that extend the available capabilities. But they are unable to overcome the software's underlying weaknesses, for example as regards debugging.
So, Oracle's developer tools still do the job. But YoDeveloper allows you to hugely accelerate the creation, debugging and maintenance of your Forms, Reports and PL/SQL applications and propel them into the future!