Keep up with our latest news, views and comments on the Snippets page!
"The future of Forms is only just beginning!"
Generate reports on your mobile / cellphone!
YoReports is a fast, lightweight platform for Oracle® Reports applications designed for deployment to mobiles, cellphones and other hand-held devices.
It's written in 100% JEE6 Enterprise Java® and works through your browser to generate and distribute reports in a choice of formats. And it is designed for tight integration with our YoForms, YoDeveloper and Yo/SQL. So it
- integrates with Forms applications running under YoForms;
- blends seamlessly with other JEE6 applications;
- can be extended with pure Java code;
- offers a choice of output formats including PDF, XLS, HTML, XML, DOC, RTF, TXT;
- supports a choice of distribution methods including email, printer, insertion to database;
- Q1 2014 - release beta version of YoReportss.
- Q4 2013 - live demo version of YoReports available on website.
A beta version of YoReports is scheduled for release to our development partners in Q3 2013.
Become our Partner!
We are looking for Partners with Forms / Reports applications who are willing to participate in our beta testing and development program. Partners will:
- guide us as to the most important features to implement in Release 1.0 of the product;
- receive free / discounted licenses to run our YoServer products (depending on the depth of involvement in the program).
Reports is a key part of Oracle's fusion middleware, used for retrieving information from the database and presenting it in a wide range of possible formats.
Although there are numerous superior reporting tools, many people continue to use Oracle Reports because it integrates with Forms, and users often have reports embedded within Forms applications which they have no desire to re-write for another reporting package.
However Reports users are frustrated at:
- the loss of graphical capabilities which took place with the demise of Graphics6i;
- the lack of maintenance / improvement to the Reports product;
- the positioning of Reports in a separate part of the Oracle organization to Forms, creating a 'two-stop shop' for developing policy and resolving issues.